The person holding this position is responsible for leading the solution development an implementing advanced analytical approaches across a variety of business problems in the supply chain domain. Acting as interface between the delivery team and the supply chain team, effectively understanding the client business and supply chain.
The manager should be agile enough to seamlessly move between multiple projects with different supply chain complexities. The role demands highly innovative approach to design customized solutions for client specific supply chain. The successful candidate has to communicate simple but sustainable solutions to delivery team/client by solving complex supply chain problems.
Successful candidates are expected to have a mix of analytical, functional and project management skills - someone who can work with business requirements and develop them into a useable and scalable solution; someone who fully understands the value proposition of data mining and analytical methods, someone who has the creativity to develop unique analytical approaches to problems when required, and someone who can lead a team of analysts to delivering projects on time and as per client and senior management expectations.
Candidates will be expected to lead projects across several areas such as:
- Network planning and modelling
- Simulation & Mathematical optimization models.
- Distribution/Logistics planning
- Procurement analytics, contract designing, cost optimization
- Inventory management
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
Qualification and Experience:
- 7+ years of analytics experience in supply chain, retail or e-commerce with sound domain knowledge.
- Master in Statistics/Economics or MBA.
- Experience should include hands-on delivery of projects in analysis and statistical modelling.
- Experience should include structuring and management of analysis projects.
- Experience should include interfacing with clients and designing analytical solutions.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge basics of the supply chain management.
- Hands on experience in statistical modelling software such as SAS and R.
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to structure problems through a data driven decision-making process.
- Excellent project management skills, including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to business issues through data analysis.
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective as a problem solver.
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines.
- Strong ability to influence/ drive consensus.