The primary role of the Assistant Vice President, Business Development is to leverage the organizations brand in expanding the current client base of customers focused in the European marketplace. The individual will be responsible for developing new business for the Company and be responsible for those clients going forward. Once successfully securing a client, the individual will continue their relationship focusing on expanding into other areas of the insurer.
The role includes selling, account planning, contract negotiations all focused on achieve of their annual targets for client base growth and revenue.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop relationships which drive sales opportunities focused on organizations offerings.
- Adhere to the strategic business development framework - as set by the company and which is part of an integrated processes, including use of companies sales tools and templates to manage prospects through various sales stages - from initial engagement to ongoing planning, execution, control and close of opportunities, as required including the use of Salesforce.
- Initiate and nurture business relationships with diverse property/casualty insurers/reinsurers/brokers/MGAs/retail insurers - by uncovering the strategic needs and challenges of insurance organisations, developing and leveraging those relationships to provide solutions to optimise and solve customers business problems and challenges.
- Develop and manage a pipeline by sourcing new opportunities for organization through proactive networking, personal contact and other activities and communications.
- Identify key decision makers within prospect organisations and strategically connect with them to promote the services and products of the organization.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify, amplify and position
organizations differentiators to drive positive sales outcomes.
- Lead discussions with compelling presentations to prospective clients, in conjunction with subject matter experts in support of your sales pursuit.
- Coordinate, prepare and submit proposals, RFPs and RFIs responses to prospects and clients.