The Cognitive Research Scientist will partner with other researchers to explore, innovate and advance the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing for financial services. This role will consult for engineering teams and lines of business to guide opportunities for exploitation. This role will also represent our client at relevant AI conferences and in partnerships with academia.
- Research and innovate the application of artificial intelligence technologies to financial services use-cases.
- Engage with lines of business, users and analysts to explore and prototype opportunities and use-cases exploiting data and the application of cognitive and machine learning technologies.
- Create detailed prototypes to prove out ideas and apply to abstracted current and future business problems.
- Collaborate with development teams to drive prototypes into production use.
- Collaborate with and consult for development teams working on the design, development, testing and support of Cognitive microservices.
- Work with academia to foster joint partnerships to enhance the clients current and future business imperatives.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
- PhD, preferably with specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Natural Language Processing.
- Compelling work experience and contributions can be substituted for educational requirements.
- Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
Prior experience in a Research & Development capacity
- Solid portfolio of novel contributions, designs, prototypes and innovations
- Data Science and Machine Learning Frameworks (R, Apache Spark / MLlib, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Natural Language Processing (NLTK, CoreNLP, Gensim, Spacy, etc..)
- Experience with Big-Data technologies and cloud (AWS, other)
- Linux / Bash scripting
- Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.,)
- Agile development methodology
- CI/CD Development environments and tools (GIT, Maven, Jenkins, etc)
Strong analytical skills.
Demonstrated skills in problem assessment and resolution
Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting with multi-disciplinary team members
Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management and business owners.