Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree (BA level) in one of the following areas: Chemistry, Biology, or Life Sciences (preferred), International Business, - Marketing, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Proven track record selling services, technology and information solutions to life science companies.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- A customer driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers and an understanding (or the potential to develop an understanding) of the role of customer training as an integral part of the sales process.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone manner, and face to face customer skills.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers, from end users to executives of multi-national corporations.
- A good team player/self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Knowledge of the information market either in the patent information or other information services field.
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure, and standards.
- To demonstrate individual drive and determination to succeed.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions.
- A commercial awareness and technical appreciation of the life science market sectors.
- A general understanding of businesses and processes at us
- We believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
We work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own. As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
- Background and/or education rooted in LIfe Sciences
- Global sales experience with consultative selling experience
- 10+ years experience selling into the pharma industry; preferably SaaS and/or Consulting
- Should have experience managing a large multi-national corporation, along with hunting skills
- Direct quota carrying, experienced in handling 1 or 2 clients, driving a large portfolio of business in excess of $5 million.