Vice President, Information Systems - Non Standard Auto Insurance
Dallas, TX or Birmingham, AL or Chicago, IL - USA
15 Years - 20 Years
Our client, a leading Property & Casualty business is seeking to hire an experienced Vice President of Information Services to establish and lead an application development team which will focus on enabling our non-standard auto transformation. Reporting to the P&C CIO, this role is responsible for leading the key program that implements new enterprise application software for our non-standard auto business.
The Vice President will lead a team of information systems managers and employees, along with the responsibility for integration partner vendors supporting this implementation. Additionally, this position works in partnership with a Client Business Executive to ensure the delivery of software is focused on maximizing business strategic value. This highly visible position interfaces with all levels of the organization through to an Executive Steering Committee, as well as being a member of the P&C Information Systems Leadership team. The successful candidate will be expected to travel extensively between our offices across the US.
- Leadership of a major transformation program replacing a broad set of non-standard auto applications in a high transaction and highly available production environment
- Execution delivery excellence of a multi-million program against planned milestones, working down at a detailed level to ensure progress against plan
- Work effectively with Business leadership and vendor management in a multi-location and staffed program
- Resource management for dedicated team assigned to this initiative
- Fiscal management for us and Vendor resource costs, together with a focus on benefit realization of program business outcomes
- Formal Program Governance to ensure delivery success, benefit achievement and 3rd party vendor management of relationship and accountabilities
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
- Property & Casualty Insurance industry experience required
- 10+ years of progressive IT management experience in the software application development arena
- Large scale program leadership for enterprise level transformations
- Property & Casualty non-standard auto Industry experience
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Our Client at a glance:
With $8 billion in assets, our client is one of the nation\'s leading insurers. Our Client family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Our Clients underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Our Client services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.