The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will have a proven track
record selling technology and information solutions to Pharmaceutical
companies. A dynamic self starter who has the ability to network and manage
relationships across many different functions within a complex global
organization. The post holder will be responsible for developing and
implementing an effective global account strategy through collaboration with
Strategic Account Team members, the Custom Solution Team & Customer
Training. A strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end
users in addition to the ability to clearly articulate an in depth
understanding of our Product, Platform and Solution capabilities will be
essential for this role.
- To achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- To maintain existing subscriber base through renewals and to
grow revenues from within existing accounts.
- To prepare an account plan for each organisation which includes
an organisation profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for
contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives and
implementation schedule of Total Account Management.
- Lead SAM will be responsible for creating and updating account
profiles in Salesforce.com
- Devise overall strategy for each assigned lead account, with
the help of the Regional Sales Manager and other support functions (Strategic
Marketing, Product Management, CST, etc)
- Present account strategy to all SAMs and allocate actions
- Chair regularly scheduled account development meetings with peer
and Executive Committee to develop account awareness within organization
- SAM team will be charged with developing, adapting and
ultimately owning the sales strategy for each account.
- To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of our products and
to keep that knowledge up-to-date.
- To report back from customer training sessions; recording
customer feedback, gathering customer intelligence and actioning follow-up as
- To maintain and update sales progress reports and other
administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- To liaise effectively with internal departments (Product
Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department) to maximise sales
opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns. - To organise
customer visits efficiently.
- To maintain customer satisfaction with all our services
- To deputise for team members/ your line manager as and when
- To take responsibility for identifying training and
developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.