We are looking for a consultative sales professional, with a good balance of account management and new business skills. The candidate will be fluent in German and English (minimum requirement).
The post holder will be responsible for managing a defined ‘book of business’ in DACH (Germany, Austria or Switzerland). This will involve building strong relationships with customers in order to both retain and upsell the product portfolio, which includes Web of Science, InCites, Converis, EndNote, Publons (all research solutions).
This role will be aligned with the Scientific and Academic Research business unit within the company.
There will be a focus on net new business and this could include selling to new prospects in the region, as well as existing customers. The customer mix is typically a blend of research-intensive universities, government research institutes and research funders. The candidate will ideally have an understanding of this scientific and academic research ‘ecosystem’.
The Country Account Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of any federal or state-level research agenda in order to drive and develop a productive sales strategy in their region. A requirement is to be competent with solution selling principles and practices and demonstrate a high level of professionalism to both clients and work colleagues. Previous experience of managing consortia relationships is a plus.
Candidates will have a proven ability to develop new business and revenue streams within their territory and will have further developed existing accounts for new business opportunities in new buying centres.
Two key success requirements for the Country Account Manager will be to develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the product portfolio and align this understanding to the needs and pains of each individual customer and prospect. You are responsible for customer loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Develop new revenue from the portfolio (existing and new departments) to achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- To maintain existing subscriber base through timely and commercially sound renewals.
- To effectively liaise with the customer base through office-based and face to face contact and proactively steer relationships towards strategic partnership status.
- To prepare strategic account planning which includes an organization profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of the Scientific and Academic Research product portfolio. To keep maintain and abreast of new product releases and go-to-market plans.
- To maintain and update sales progress reports on CRM (Salesforce.com) and other reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- To interact effectively with internal departments (especially Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department), to transform our value perception with various stakeholders at the account, to maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- To organize customer visits efficiently, manage time, financial cost and territory traveling to the satisfaction of your manager.
- To maintain customer satisfaction with all our services and functions.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
- To make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis. To deputize for team members / your line manager as and when required.
- To build long-term success in your territory.