Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for the development and closing of all new business in their respective industry segment or territory to meet assigned quotas. The DBD takes on a portfolio of existing and/or strategic new prospects and/or clients. The DBD directs all sales relationship management, business development, and sales activities with these clients and is solely accountable for all new services from inception to contract closure. The DBD is accountable for new revenue generation at appropriate margin levels across all services and for all clients in their territory.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the sales relationship with each client/prospect in their territory at every level from the executive suite to departmental managers.
- Work with Enterprise customers in helping them get the most from their technology/business investments through positioning the appropriate support models.
- Understand the competitive landscape in the Enterprise product support market and be able to participate in design/solutioning of support experiences based on market/customer requirements.
- Drives new business through the identification, development, negotiation, and closure of new agreements with prospects and clients, and participates in the subsequent maintenance of client relationships.
- Target potential leads, qualify them, and lead the company\\\\\\\'s pursuit team in crafting and positioning the deal. To this end, they leverage their industry, financial and business knowledge to create demand and persuade through the development and presentation of compelling value propositions and purchasing rationales.
- Specific new sales/revenue and profit margin targets are established annually by management for each DBD.
- Responsible for the smooth transition of new business from sales to delivery, coaching and mentoring account delivery leaders on client relationship management issues, providing feedback on client wants and needs to company\\\\\\\'s strategic portfolio function.
- Ensuring compliance with companys sales processes and business approval requirements, coordinating the relationship between key client personnel and companys senior executives, and leading or coordinating global relationship management initiatives with other geographic units of company focused on the same client.
- Communicates with entire pursuit team to build and maintain a shared understanding of sales strategy, status, priorities, and next steps.
- Interfaces with client personnel and third party intermediaries as necessary to understand requirements and communicate related pursuit plans and activities.
- Responsible for managing the entire sales process from identifying prospects to negotiating contracts.
Other essential position functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and maintain territory sales plan and strong, qualified pipeline
- Identify prospects and create entry strategies for account and relationship
- Utilize business and financial knowledge to create value propositions
- Manage demand and qualify opportunities
- Execute competitive sales tactics to win business
- Coordinate deal crafting and positioning
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Use sales automation and CRM tools effectively